Unbelievably, I still have only one project on the needles. That's not for lack of wanting to cast something new on, mind you, it's just how things are at the moment. I'm working on a pair of socks for me using the most recent sock yarn to come into my stash, and for the past few days, this one WIP has satisfied me. I'm now into the heel, so nearly halfway done with the first sock.
I will likely be casting on a second project soon, perhaps as early as this evening. This will be another design sample, a hat that goes with the last two pairs of socks I finished. I did some swatching the other evening and finally remembered that I could use my spiffy Akerworks swatch gauge to measure my swatch.
I bought this tool at SSK last summer and promptly forgot I had it until now, which is a shame, because it's a really handy tool. Unlike a measuring tape, it stays put when you put it down, and it's much easier to count stitches and rows when you're not wrangling a slippery tape at the same time. From now on, I'm going to make sure I keep this in a convenient location so I don't forget about it the next time I need to measure a swatch!