Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2023

PSA

Hi friends! I noticed yesterday that for some reason Blogger has stopped sending me emails with your comments. I'm trying to find a fix for it, but in the meantime I wanted to post this quick message to let you know that I'm not ignoring you. I do try to respond to every comment, and that's usually by email. It seems I've now got a backlog of comments to respond to and will be working through them, so please excuse my tardiness while I try to figure out how to get things working as they should. (And if anyone who uses Blogger has had this issue in the past and knows how to solve it, please let me know!)

EDIT:

I did manage to figure out how to fix it, with some help from Bonny. I was going to delete this post, but then I figured that someone (including me) might have this same issue in the future, and it was probably more helpful to explain what I did to fix it. Most of the solutions I found online said to go into settings and to delete and then add your email under Comment notification email. But when I clicked on that, I just got a pop-up that said something like "there are no emails" and didn't give me the option to add. Instead, I had to invite myself (ha!) to receive notification emails of comments by clicking here:


Once you add the email here, you get a message in your inbox asking you to subscribe to receive blog comments, and that seems to do the trick!

3 comments:

  1. I've had this happen in the past, and what I did was go to Settings, scroll down to Email, under "Comment notification email" remove the email address that is there (even if it's the one you want), and exit. Then go back in to the same place (Settings, Email, and under "Comment notification email" add the email you want comment notifications sent to. Exit, and check the email address you entered. Hopefully, there will be an email there from blogger so you can accept that you do want to subscribe to comment notifications. I have no idea why this seems to randomly stop working, but I hope this works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish this fix was as easy on Wordpress! I am glad you are back to "normal"!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to find a fix. I had the same problem years ago and for the life of me couldn't remember how I fixed it. THAT was the fix. Thank you, Bonny.

    ReplyDelete