Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Official Report

I am playing catch-up today after taking a quick trip down to the DC area for a bridal shower, and none of that catching up activity has involved spinning, so I don't have any progress beyond the start of the bobbin of Jacob you saw last week. I can, however, show you some final pictures of my four-ply sock yarn, all 380 yards of it.


I'm really quite pleased with this. It did not poof up much at all in the washing (though some of the plying twist did calm down a bit), so it's a true fingering. I had singles left on two of the bobbins -- and I wasn't about to try to do two center-pull balls to ply from both ends at once -- so they were wound off onto my "leftovers" bobbin. Still, it's kind of amazing to think that I spun more than 1,500 yards of singles in a relatively short amount of time.


It was a delight to watch the colors come together in this yarn, and I'm excited to see what happens when I knit it up. I've already wound it into a cake so that it will be ready to go as soon as I finish the socks on the needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment