Pages

Sunday, July 06, 2014

And So It Begins

It's a good thing that the Tour de Fleece starts on a holiday weekend, because I was itching to get started. It helps that I hadn't been at my wheel for more than a week, so I was missing it. I got an earlier than expected start yesterday morning when Rainbow woke us up with a scream at about 6:15 a.m. Fortunately, it wasn't a crisis, but once I was up, I was up. The Mister went back to sleep while Rainbow watched some cartoons, and I sat down at my wheel and started spinning.

My first spin of the Tour was this Polwarth from Fat Cat Knits; the colorway is Mon Ami. I split it in half lengthwise and then split one of the halves in half again for a fractal spin.


With the time I spent spinning yesterday morning and a bit more at my LYS in the afternoon, I got the first bobbin spun up.


I started in on the second one right away and got maybe half of it spun up before I had to call it quits and go to bed last night.


I finished this bobbin this morning (though I didn't take a photo) and immediately started in on the next spin, also from Fat Cat Knits. This is Boogaloo on superwash merino/nylon:


This fiber blend of course begs to be spun into sock yarn, so I split the top into three equal pieces and started spinning up one of them. There's not much to see thus far, but it's started.


I started plying up the Polwarth this afternoon on the miniSpinner, so this evening I'm planning to finish that, skein it up, and wash it. In the meantime, I'll continue adding to the singles on this bobbin.

I'm planning to take a spindle project with me to work this week, so while I likely won't be as productive as I was this weekend, things will keep moving along.

No comments:

Post a Comment