Pages

Thursday, February 04, 2021

My Three WIPs

It's Thursday, when Carole hosts us for our Three on Thursday link-up, and today I thought I'd talk about my three WIPs. Now the very astute among you will realize that I actually have more than three WIPs because I started a new project earlier in the week (and I'm not including spinning projects, either). But when I think about WIPs, I'm specifically thinking about the three that were started last year and are still lingering.

First, there's the C2C blanket, which has not gotten any work on it since you saw it last but I thought I'd try to get a better representation of the colors in the yarn.


This blanket was started July 3, 2020, and I have 145 g of yarn (a little more than half) still to add. The good news is that because I'm nearly to the halfway mark on the yarn, I will probably start decreasing after I finish this row.

Next, Rainbow's Little Boxy (Ravelry link), take two. Technically this was cast on this year (January 2, to be exact), but I bought the yarn for it back in 2019, so it feels like it's been in progress for longer. I really haven't gotten very far on this sweater, despite the fact that it should be very easy to make progress on because it's just stockinette in the round for a while, but it just hasn't been exciting me. I do want to finish it soon-ish so that Rainbow can actually wear it while it still fits and is cool enough for a sweater.

Custom project bag from Oak & Arbor

Finally, there's my Breathe and Hope (Ravelry link) shawl. This is my oldest WIP; it was cast on May 9, 2020, and I think I just got bored with it. But the yarn, a delicious merino/cashmere/nylon blend from Fiber Optic Yarns, is so lovely to work with, and I really want to be able to drape this shawl around my neck, so I'm determined to finish this.


 

I'm under no illusion that I'm going to finish all my WIPs this month, but it would be great if I could at least make some serious progress on them. Rainbow has a long weekend next weekend (both Friday and Monday off), and I decided to take those two days as vacation days to hang out with her. We have grand plans about making a fancy dinner for the three of us for Valentine's Day, but we have no plans other than that, which means lots of crafting time. I hope it's enough to make a dent!

10 comments:

  1. I don’t know Sarah - seems like you are a pretty fast knitter. I bet you will see a lot of progress on these projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wips are lovely and taking a long weekend and making a fancy Valentine dinner sounds wonderful! I'm sure there won't be any challah-like mishaps and I'm betting you'll make some serious progress on those wips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about Rainbow cranking out some rounds on her Boxy? (Or are your tensions too different and it'd make the sweater wonky?) That yarn really caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd thought about that, but she's still at the point where her tension on her own projects isn't very consistent, and on top of that, she's never knit with any yarn thinner than about DK. She might be willing to give it a go, but the perfectionist in me would likely end up ripping out what she'd done and doing it myself anyway!

      Delete
    2. yes. and this totally made me smile!

      Delete
  4. I love how you have several projects going at the same time. It keeps things fresh and prevents boredom. I need to do that more often. Love the colors in your blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice trio of projects! Here is to a month of more calm as this administration settles in...all bringing more calm to our lives and thus more making time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spending time with your darling girl will be Heaven. Your projects are gorgeous. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. May you make a good dent in your WIPs. It looks like you have a nice variety. I find I get the most knitting done when I have three projects on the go. Not to say I don't sometimes have more but I do best with some but not too much variety. Enjoy your long weekend with your daughter. What a good use of your vacation days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's to progress ... as much or as little as you are able to do this month.

    ReplyDelete