Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2021

Three Things Making Me Smile

It's Thursday (I think? I've been confused again this week), so once again I'm joining up with Carole and friends for Three on Thursday. Today, because it's been a busy, stressful week, I'm focusing on three things that are making me happy today.

1. My yarn finally came!
I mentioned on Tuesday that I was expecting a package from HipStrings that day, but due to the snow, we never got mail delivered that day -- so much for the USPS creed! I did see mail carriers out delivering that day, so I think they just must've gotten a late start due to the snow and didn't manage to make all their deliveries that day. But my yarn arrived safely yesterday, and it's even more beautiful in person.


This is my beloved Buoy DK (a blend of BFL, Shetland, and Manx Loaghtan) in the colorway Dionysus. I'm planning to use it to make myself an Aldous (Ravelry link).

2. I finally released my first pattern of 2021!
The new year hasn't done much to fix my lack of motivation to get my designs knit and written up, but I was determined to get through this one. You've seen these socks before -- they're the ankle socks that I just finished for Rainbow -- but now you can knit your own. I've named them Piccoletti, which is Italian for "shorties" or "little guys," and they're a quick and super comfy ankle sock.

She's not only a great knitwear photographer, she's also a willing model!


The pattern is now up on Ravelry and Payhip and is on sale for the first week!

3. I have a long weekend!
Rainbow is off from school tomorrow and Monday, so I decided to make use of all the time off I've accrued at work (in no small part because after this month we can no longer accrue unlimited time) and take those days off as well. We have a few activities planned (we're going to bake challah and likely do a Target run tomorrow, and we want to cook a Valentine's day dinner on Sunday), but I think both of us are looking forward to having a relaxing few days. First, though, I have to get through what's looking like a long day of work and a board meeting this evening. Thank goodness I will have yarn in my hands for much of it.

I hope you have some reasons to smile this weekend! See you back here on Sunday!

8 comments:

  1. Hooray for yarn and a long weekend. We are supposed to get snow but they keep changing the timing. I am well stocked with food and yarn and books, just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three great things that made me smile, too! That yarn is stunning, those socks are lovely and modeled beautifully, and I hope you and Rainbow enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sound like blissful long-winter-weekend plans! And I love the name 'Piccoletti' for those little socks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your first pattern for 2021!! :) Your weekend plans sound lovely, and I hope you have lots of fun! (we won't do anything here, as Philipp will be working as usual and I'll try and finish that Christmas shawl. ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  5. That yarn is just gorgeous . . . and worth waiting for, too! I've had that Aldous pattern on my radar for awhile, so I'm eager to see how your's knits up. (And a recent stash re-org has shown me that I have several DK quantities of yarn already on hand. . . ) Enjoy your long weekend. (And keep your husband away from your oven, okay?) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that yarn ... and the pattern you're pairing it with. That might be the only Isabel Kraemer that wasn't on my radar? Bought the sock pattern (yay!) ... and ENJOY the long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurrah for extra long weekends! (and those socks... too cute!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see why you were smiling on Thursday. The yarn looks scrumptious. I hope your Valentine's Day dinner was delicious.

    ReplyDelete