Pages

Thursday, June 03, 2021

On My To-Do List

The nice thing about going back to work after a long holiday weekend is that they seem to go by quickly. It feels like the workweek just started, but tomorrow is already Friday! There are still plenty of things to do before the week is over, though, so for today's Three on Thursday, hosted as always by Carole, I've got three things that are atop my to-do list.

1. First, my tech editor got back to me yesterday with some minor edits to my most recent shawl pattern, so now I have to do all the administrative work to publish it. Some of you might be surprised by just how much work that actually is: I have to do all the steps to create the Ravelry and Payhip pattern pages, upload photos, create discount promotions (often more than one, because newsletter subscribers always get one but sometimes the general public does as well), write up my newsletter, and write up a blog post (if I'm doing one). That's all before I hit publish. After the pattern is published, I have to upload the pattern to LoveCrafts (they pull from the Ravelry listing), hit publish on my newsletter and blog post, and post on Instagram. Sounds very glamorous, doesn't it?

2. I finished the third bobbin of New Hope singles on Tuesday, so now I have three bobbins that are ready for plying.


3. I did a lot of knitting on my Threipmuir yesterday while I was reading and then while watching the end of a documentary on the 1921 Tulsa riot last night, and I am surprisingly close to the end of the body. I'd like to finish the body by the end of the week, if I can.


Obviously the curl of the stockinette is making it look shorter than it is; when I measured it last night, I think I had almost 11 inches of stockinette under the arms, and I believe the pattern calls for working to 13.5 inches before doing the ribbing at the bottom. I think a few more hours of knitting while reading a good book or watching something interesting should do it!

I hope that you don't have too many items remaining on your to-do list this week and that you're able to cross them all off without too much effort. See you back here on Sunday, when those three bobbins of singles should be empty and I should have a new skein of handspun to share!

4 comments:

  1. I wish you had staff or minions to do all the less-than-glamorous parts of releasing a pattern, but hopefully you can get it all done and get back to living the classy and elegant life of a knitting designer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE the new sweater you are making! I peeked on ravelry, and I absolutely love the colours you picked and the way you arranged them. It reminds me so much of summer!
    I hope tech editing will be fast - I didn't realise that it was THAT much work, but yeah, I can imagine that this takes up quite some time. (Oh, and congratulations on the yarn, by the way! I'm curious how it will look plied.)

    Have an amazing weekend! (I'll start catching up now, finally)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - your sweater is looking great. Wahoo!

    There's so much that has to be done behind the scenes with your pattern - I hope it all goes smoothly. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that behind-the-scenes glimpse of pattern publishing. It certainly sounds like a lot of loose ends to tie up . . . but I'm sure it will feel great when you have another great pattern out there in the world. Congratulations to you. :-)

    ReplyDelete