Pages

Friday, June 04, 2021

Pattern Release: Sofronia

I am happy to say that as of a few moments ago, I have crossed two of the three items off my to-do list from yesterday. The most recent is publishing my new shawl design -- Sofronia is live now!


Sofronia is a garter stitch asymmetrical triangle. It starts with just a few stitches an increases one stitch every row to grow quickly. To keep it from getting too mindless, you add in a beaded bobble every repeat -- just enough variety to keep your brain engaged every so often and a touch of bling to make the shawl feel like something special. The beads are optional, too. If you don't care for them or don't want to deal with them (I recognize that not everyone wants to deal with tiny beads and the tools required to apply them), you can easily omit them.


While I used a fingering weight yarn for my sample (a merino singles yarn from Skeinny Dipping), the beauty of this design is that it can be worked using any yarn and any amount of it. You basically just keep working the pattern repeat until you're almost out of yarn and then bind off. So if you have a special skein of yarn in your stash and you want to maximize your yardage, this is the perfect pattern for you! Gauge is less important with this shawl than getting a fabric you like, so you can adjust your needle size until you're happy and go with it.

The pattern is up now on Ravelry and Payhip, and there's a discount available for the first week (newsletter subscribers get a slightly bigger discount, as always). I'll be adding it on LoveCrafts soon as well. I hope you like this one!

5 comments:

  1. This pattern looks wonderful! I'm not usually a big fan of bobbles, but they look great with beads and this looks like the perfect pattern to learn how to add beads to knitting. Congratulations on this lovely shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic, and I think it just gets better by the fact that you can knit this with any yarn and any amount(?) of yarn. It looks great! Casual, but very elegant, too. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh congratulations Sarah on another stunning design! I love the texture - and might even be enticed to work bobbles AND add beads :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo! That turned out just lovely! I do love those beaded bobbles! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. The shawl is beautiful. Bobbles and beads sound just right for summer.

    ReplyDelete