Pages

Monday, January 24, 2022

I Could Still Use Another Day

Monday morning again, eh? It always comes around so quickly. This morning, as I was trying to drag her out of bed, Rainbow proclaimed Mondays to be stupid, and I have to agree with her. A Monday after a busy weekend feels especially stupid. On Saturday, I had a good chunk of my morning taken up by a Zoom session I had to attend to finish my Girl Scout troop leader training. It was partially wasted time (normally I'd be doing laundry and cleaning the bathrooms around then), but I did get some knitting and spinning done while I was sitting there. I only had a bit of time after that ended to get my walk in, and then we headed out to my in-laws' to celebrate my father-in-law's birthday. My brother- and sister-in-law and nephew were supposed to join us, but earlier in they day they'd found out that my nephew had an exposure to a COVID case at daycare, so he's under quarantine at home for 10 days and only my brother-in-law joined us. I sent him home with the hat I'd made for my sister-in-law, and later that night she texted me to thank me. How cute does she look?


Not that I'm surprised -- she's such a gorgeous woman that she looks cute in everything -- but I was glad to see she was happy with it.

I also finished up the first of my socks Saturday night, and I couldn't be more thrilled with how the heel worked out.


I've started the second sock (which I'm knitting toe up!) and wrote up a draft of the pattern yesterday. I have a few more finishing touches to put on it before it's ready for my tech editor. I'm really excited about this one!

Meanwhile, my May(be) Queen ready for the front hem to be grafted and then it's on to the sleeves. I have a bit of mathing to do before I start, but I don't think it's entirely out of the realm of possibility that I could get through the sleeves in this last week of the month. A lot depends, of course, on how busy things are at work this week, but as I'll be working in stockinette in the round on a smaller circumference, without lots of stitch patterns to keep track of, I have a feeling they're going to be much faster. I've decided that they'll be plain stockinette, fitted, and end in a twisted rib cuff.

How was your weekend?

10 comments:

  1. I agree with Rainbow . . . and I don't even work anymore! I hope your week enables plenty of sleeve-knitting time, Sarah. (And your sister-in-law looks great in her new hat.) XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! Kym said exactly what I was going to say ... plus I sure hope your nephew and his parents don't have COVID!

      Delete
  2. I am, likewise, in agreement with Rainbow! I hope your nephew does NOT get COVID...oh gosh!

    Your Sister-in-law looks so lovely in her new hat! Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Monday is very stupid! For many reasons, I was up until 4:00 am last night but woke up at 8:00 this morning. The morning felt stupid and so did my brain. But it's hopefully clear enough to hopefully finish my Musselburgh. Your SiL looks wonderful in her hat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mondays ARE definitely stupid. I love the photo of your sister-in-law in her new hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks fabulous! The colours suit her so well, and it looks very warm! (it's one of the double-layered hats, right?) I hope the little one won't catch COVID, honestly. Fingers are crossed.

    I have already been eyeing your new sock design on ravelry, it looks really interesting and I the heel looks really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy I do remember that Monday feeling of wishing for one more day in the weekend. Your sister-in-law looks darling in the hat. I hope the little one stays well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Echoing everyone else - Rainbow is smart and Mondays are stupid! Stupid is not a word I like using, but sometimes it fits. I've been going through bouts of going back under the covers (so unlike me - I LOVE mornings...). Your SIL is indeed very pretty and the hat you made her looks perfect! Well done you. Here's hoping Tuesday is not quite as stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that hat on your SIL! And I hope everyone in their house stays healthy...

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is one of the most photogenic people I know! And Mondays absolutely do roll around too quickly. Why is it that Fridays take so much longer to come around?

    ReplyDelete