Pages

Friday, April 01, 2022

Time to Pack It In

It's Friday, and that means it's our last day in Florida. It's been a lovely and restful couple of weeks, in spite of having to work, and I'll be sad to leave the warm weather, the sunshine, and the birdsong behind. But I am looking forward to seeing the Mister again, sleeping in my own bed, seeing what has grown or bloomed in the garden since we left, and being reunited with my stash.

I have gotten quite a lot of knitting done while we've been here, though as usual I was a little over-ambitious in what projects I brought. I have just finished the first of Rainbow's socks the other evening and am only on the ribbing of the second, and I haven't touched the bag of handspun scraps that I brought to start a big Hitchhiker. It seems most of my knitting time has been devoted to my sweater, and there, at least, I've made really remarkable progress. As of this morning, this is all I have left to do on the body before I start the ribbing:


That "SR (A+B+C)" line is a short-row sequence that's about equivalent to two rounds. So that means I have about eight rounds left to knit. I will likely try it on at that point to make sure I like the length, but I'm fairly certain the length was good the last time and should be fine this time as well. I feel very confident that I'll at least have started, if not completed, the ribbing on the body before we leave.

Today I'll also be focused on finishing up the dishcloth I started yesterday. I'd intended to make another pair, but I think I'll have to make the second when I get home.


This is another slip-stitch/mosaic pattern that I adapted from a free pattern I found but using the basic stitch count and sequence of the Ballband Dishcloth. I really like the look and texture of this one and will likely make more of them.

Packing will happen later today (packing to go home is so much easier than packing to go away!), but first I have some work to do, a final long walk to take, and some stitching to finish. I hope your week is ending on a high note and you have a relaxing weekend ahead!

6 comments:

  1. Nice progress!! What is Fake INC? A fake increase? Safe travels home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels home... and I am hesitant to tell you of our weather. But I bet The Mister has clued you in.

    I hope your last day was slow and savory! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a good time while away. It sounds like you've got some nice things to look forward to about going home, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you had such a relaxing few weeks. I admire the way you are savoring that last day. I like your variation of the dish cloth. It looks like it would be fun to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your dishcloth looks brilliant, I love it. I also love the idea of being reunited with one's stash :)

    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making all that progress on your sweater is so great, Sarah. And those dish cloths are pure "bonus knitting!" I hope you're nice and settled back at home by now, and that your "re-entry" is smooth this week. XO

    ReplyDelete