Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Unraveled, Week 15/2022

Is it just me, or is this week going by really quickly? I was frankly surprised to look at the calendar this morning and see it was already Wednesday (though on the plus side, that means Friday isn't that far away)! As always, today I'm linking up with Kat and the Unravelers to talk about what I'm making and what I'm reading, though I have to warn you that both topics will be a little boring this week.

What am I making? Just my May(be) Queen -- though I am hoping that the next time you see this will be in an FO post!


I have 64 rounds left to knit on the second sleeve before I start the cuff, and of course those rounds will get shorter as I continue to decrease (I'm at 58 stitches now and will end up at 42 when I start the cuff). Depending on how things go today, I might just be done by bedtime, but if I get busy, I have three meetings -- two for work and one for a board -- tomorrow that I will need to knit through. I've been very monogamous to this project since finishing Rainbow's socks over the weekend, but I plan to pick up my handspun Hitchhiker again once this is off the needles.

Reading has been monogamous as well; I've only been reading The Books of Jacob this past week. The good news is that I've passed the halfway point -- but the bad news is that I still have 452 pages left to read. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that work cooperates and lets me work on finishing both my sweater and my book for the remainder of the week.

How about you? What are you reading and working on this week?

6 comments:

  1. Two long projects going, but you're really moving along on both! Your May(be) Queen looks great, and I hope to see more of your HH soon. I hope The Books of Jacob is a good book as there is so much of it to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your May(be) Queen and you are almost there! Whew! That Jacob book is long, long, long. How is it? I'm still working on the Guernsey Wrap and the Hiking Trail socks and still reading Still Life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't want to jinx your sweater, but now I feel ok saying for sure you're gonna finish this week. And Books of Jacob, too? I can't wait to hear what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to you for being so monogamous with both the sweater and the book. I look forward to hearing about both finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would bet money that you're already finished with it this morning :) Wahoo!

    I started The Books of Jacob last night. I'm not really sure what's going on but am excited to get into the meat of it! I'm excited to hear what you thought about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure by now you have finished your sweater! I can't wait to see it in its finished glory! :)

    I am a little further than you on Books of Jacob... and so enjoying it... but I don't imagine I will have it finished before you. My reading time is going to be dramatically reduced (we head to Erie today)

    ReplyDelete