Pages

Monday, May 09, 2022

A Restorative Weekend

I can't say I'm exactly happy that it's Monday morning, but I can tell you that taking Friday off was a good move on my part and the weekend was as restful as I needed it to be. It rained all day long on Friday, and it was pretty heavy, steady rain, too, so I didn't take my usual walk. Instead, I did some cleaning around the house, chores I'd usually do on Saturday, and that meant that the weekend was a lot quieter and calmer than normal. And that was a very welcome change of pace. It was still raining on Saturday, though it was a lighter rain that allowed me to go out for a walk without getting too wet. Yesterday, though, was absolutely gorgeous -- sunny with a completely clear blue sky. We enjoyed a Mother's Day brunch at my brother- and sister-in-law's and then had a leisurely day. And the forecast shows sun and warmer temperatures for the rest of the week!

I worked mainly on my two active projects over the weekend, my brother's sweater (which had one false start but is moving along nicely now):


and Rainbow's Hitchhiker, which is growing slowly, but the yarn is so lovely that every minute working with it is a delight:


Today will be spent catching up on work and enjoying the sunshine on my walk. I hope your week is off to a good start!

15 comments:

  1. I'm glad the weekend was restorative as it sounded like that was what you needed. Both projects are beautiful, and I think it would be hard to choose which one to work on. I've never knit a Hitchhiker with laceweight, but I do have a skein that I'd like to use someday. I'm watching Rainbow's with interest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both projects are looking wonderful. I'm glad you had the weekend you needed and wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of those are looking gorgeous, Sarah!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely projects Sarah and so glad you enjoyed a nice restful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for restorative and calm weekends. Sounds like it was just what you needed Sarah. Your brother's sweater is so handsome (I almost wrote pretty - lol) and Rainbow's Hitchhiker is simply stunning. I haven't walked since my "crippling" walk on Thursday - the weather prevented that. Today would have been ok, but I was relaxed and extremely lazy after my wonderful massage! There is always another day to walk (probably not tomorrow...but maybe Wed or Thurs? It's turning into a busy, busy week).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I meant to say, too, that Rainbow's Hitchhiker reminds me of a Peacock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you had the weekend you needed - it sounds lovely! and seeing those two active projects side by side (sort of) I'm thinking they're the perfect mix of paying attention (cables ... not all crossed in the same place?!) and ... Hitchhiker. Here's to a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That hitchhiker is as pretty as the previous one. I'm glad you had a quiet calm weekend. Your sweater project looks handsome. That is a very soft gray. Dove Heather?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sun and warmer weather is wonder- something we all need

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you were able to take Friday off and that you were able to use that time well. And yay for sunny Sundays! Your brother's sweater has really moved along and so has Rainbow's Hitchhiker - they're both beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you had a restful weekend, Sarah. Your knitting projects are just lovely, as always! I hope your week is off to a great start. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was a good weekend for indoor activities! Sigh! I cleaned out the hall closet (which is sort of a catch-all for all sorts of things that don't belong in there, lol) I hope your week is off to an amazing start!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous8:53 AM

    I love the colours of the shawl and the sweater looks great, too!! I might have to give the Hitchiker another try ..

    If I may ask, do you slip the first stitch in every row for your sweater? Or do you work every single stitch?

    ReplyDelete
  14. (the anonymous comment was written by me, 'cause I'm a little dumb and didn't remember to put my name ....)

    ReplyDelete