Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2022

I Have No Words

Normally today I'd be posting an Unraveled Wednesday post. But after the events in Texas yesterday, following so closely on the heels of the events in Buffalo last week, I just can't. I feel like this country is irrevocably broken in that we've completely lost the regard for human life.

Because I feel like there's not much I can do to remedy this situation, I am doing the one thing I can: contacting my elected officials and asking them to take swift action on gun control. I urge you to do the same. I used Resistbot to contact my two senators and my representative all at once, but feel free to use any method that works for you. I don't if it'll do any good, to be honest, but it's all I have the power to do at this moment.

If you have kids, hold them and tell them you love them.

2 comments:

  1. I called all of them... I wanted them to hear my words. Casey's office person said to me he supports gun legislation...not sure what else he can do. I said well saying you support it is not doing something. I suggested bringing a damned bill to the floor. Yeah, I am sure they were thrilled with my call. It did not go much better calling our Lame Duck Senator... and Conor Lamb's office had much the same response. But at least they have passed some sort of gun legislation in the House. It is the Senate that is the graveyard for all gun legislation bills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave my reps a break yesterday and called this morning. It feels like such a privilege and a blessing to be calling to say "thank you" and "I support the gun legislation you're working to get passed" (and for Sen Warnock, I also got to add I would be voting for him in November). This is the first time IN MY VOTING LIFE that I've had all three of my reps on the same page as me!! yep, taking a bit of joy wherever I can.

    ReplyDelete