Pages

Monday, May 23, 2022

Thanks to a Rainy Sunday

I suspect this is going to be a short post given that I published my last one less than 24 hours ago, but I need to get my day started and a short post will help with that! Yesterday afternoon, following some decidedly unseasonable heat on Friday and Saturday, we had a cold front move through, bringing us some rain. The Mister decided to use the time for napping and Rainbow had some homework to finish up, so I gladly listened to an audiobook (which you'll hear about on Wednesday) and worked on my brother's sweater. And look what I have to show for it!


The back is officially complete, except for weaving in a couple of ends. I'm a little miffed that I had to join a new ball of yarn to do half a row and the bind off, but there's nothing I can do about that. I know this looks rather narrow, but keep in mind that this stitch pattern is a combination of cables and ribbing, and it's knit in superwash wool, so it is going to block out a bit wider. Now on to the fronts! They'll be a bit more involved because they incorporate pockets, but I'm looking forward to shorter rows that I hope translate to faster progress.

How was your weekend?

7 comments:

  1. Shorter rows always feel like faster progress! Although it may not feel like it to you, it seems like you're knitting this sweater quite quickly from my vantage point. Hope your week is off to a good start, Sarah. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am nodding with Kym's thoughts... this just fairly flew off your needles by my vantage point. Here is to a cooler... less pollen-y week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm another one thinking that back was knit very quickly! Hope you can make a good start on one of the front pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like that's going to be a fun front to knit-- and to see, next time you share!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray! I think it looks wonderful - very sophisticated and elegant. It sounds like you got a great weekend! maybe the week be just as good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does seem like a pretty quick completion of a sweater back (even for you). On to the fronts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for a finished back! It looks lovely. I hope the front goes smoothly :)

    ReplyDelete