Pages

Friday, May 13, 2022

Slow and Steady

This week with my knitting I am very much the tortoise rather than the hare. It's been a busy week -- the Mister away for a few days on a work trip, meetings, work, and the usual business of running a household and raising a child -- so I've been pretty much plodding along. My two WIPs have grown a bit since you last saw them.


The sweater back is measuring 13 inches (I have to get to 15.25 before I have to follow any more directions) and Rainbow's Hitchhiker is now at 28 teeth, in large part thanks to my first in-person board meeting in more than two years last night. We met in person largely because we started by taking a board photo, but I think we will be going back to Zoom meetings after this seeing as case counts are rising again. It was a long meeting -- we started at 6:30 and didn't wrap up until just after 9 -- but having my knitting in my lap kept me alert and engaged, and that was especially appreciated because I'd had two work meetings earlier in the day.

We have no real plans for this weekend other than a Costco trip to stock up on some household supplies and picking up my flowers and herbs from the synagogue plant sale. There is some rain in the forecast, but I'm hoping it's scattered enough to allow me to put the new plants in the ground. Today I've got a load of laundry to do and am hoping for a quiet work day.

Happy weekending!

6 comments:

  1. You've got two beautiful wips there! I also loved seeing Rainbow's Hitchhiker on IG in a different light. I hope you have a quiet work day today and a relaxing weekend with good conditions for planting and crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like good, steady progress! And I hope your plants were able to take advantage of some of that rain. Always nice to have the gardening timed just right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're getting some time in your yard this weekend! We're expecting a thunderstorm today but it's very welcome - thunderstorms are my absolute favorite.

    Your projects are really lovely. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects look lovely Sarah and I hope you were able to plant your flowers and herbs. I would love to have rain!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The planting will happen today, and tomorrow is supposed to be very rainy, so the timing could not have been better!

      Delete
  5. I hope your weekend was lovely, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete