Pages

Monday, December 04, 2023

A Day for Tea and Toast

Here we are again on Monday, and this morning I'm feeling a little under the weather. Either the Mister gave me the tummy troubles he had last week or I'm having an IBS flare. Either way, I'm very happy that I work from home and don't have to try going into the office today. I've already sent my boss an email to let her know that I'm playing the day by ear, but I've had some tea and toast and will be taking it easy today.

After I posted on Friday, I did indeed finish plying the handspun and did indeed get it all on the bobbin. I could've fit more on, too, if I'd needed to! Skeining took a while, but the day was calm enough to allow me to get it all done, and it was dry by the next day.

I can really only get a rough estimate of the yardage because of the size of this skein, but my conservative estimate is about 817 yards -- now I know why it took so long to ply! I'm very happy with how the blending turned out. too.


I called the skein "A Pale Olive in a Blue Fog" after the names of the colorways, although a number of people have commented that it looks like silver and gold rather than blue and green, and I can see that a bit. Don't ask me what I'm going to make with this -- I have no idea! For now it's just going in the big bag of SCF. And for those of you who are keeping count, this skein used up two bags of fiber (these happened to be prizes) and takes me to 33 for the year. I don't know that I'll get more done before the end of the year, because I'm focused on my Fibernymph Dye Works minis right now, but I have just seven bags left, only five of which are club shipments, so it should not take me long into the new year to get caught up.

In spite of not feeling quite like myself this morning, I did get enough preparation done yesterday so that all I had to do this morning to publish my new pattern was click a few buttons.

Hydrophily is now available on Ravelry and on Payhip, and soon it should be up on LoveKnitting, too. No pressure, but I hope you'll take a look.

And with that, it's time to get back to my second cup of tea and get ready for my morning work meeting. Have a good Monday, friends!

9 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better soon. Seems like there is a lot of crud going on around here.

    The new pattern is lovely and your color choices are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending all good wishes for an easy day and that you are feeling much better very soon. That is one giant skein with enough yardage to knit almost anything. I'm very much looking forward to casting on your beautiful Hydrophily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Hydrophily is absolutely gorgeous. (I just went over to visit it on Rav :) )
    And I love the color combo of your new (big!) skein.
    I hope you felt better as the day wore on. So glad you didn't have to dress for and schlep to campus. Not-so-small favors...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your tummy is better this morning! That shawl, gorgeous Sarah! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love how that skein plied up! And the shawl came out lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. That's a gorgeous skein of yarn and the shawl is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you're feeling better by now, Sarah. That yarn is absolutely beautiful. I love those colors in combination, whatever the "are." And your shawl is just stunning. It looks so elegant! XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh ugh, Sarah, I hope you're feeling better now! Congratulations on the Hydrophily (it's perfect for gradient mini-skeins)!! and yay for the pretty new yarn (I didn't see silver & gold, but I think that's a lovely description). "only seven bags left" is quite an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That skein is as beautiful as all the others. I hope you are feeling better by now. My laptop is being cleaned up and repaired. Ugh. Commenting on the iPad is challenging but doing my best.

    ReplyDelete