Pages

Friday, December 01, 2023

Fit to Be Plied

It's a very soggy, dreary Friday morning here in Pittsburgh. I am thankful that we are no longer having the January-like temperatures of earlier in the week, but it looks like it is going to rain much of the day. While I don't much care for running in frigid weather like I did on Wednesday, I much prefer it to running in the rain, so I'm postponing today's run until tomorrow.

Yesterday was a long day -- a full day of work, followed by a 2-plus-hour Zoom (another rabbi candidate interview) -- with a long to-do list, and despite spending many hours at my wheel, I do not yet have a finished skein of yarn to share today. I did finish spinning my singles Wednesday evening, but this is such a monster skein that it will take me a bit more time to finish up this morning. The good news is that it appears it will all fit onto one bobbin, so I didn't have to break it into two skeins.

I was a bit worried that it wasn't all going to fit, but my WooLee Winder is wonderful for packing it on tightly, and I've even got a bit of clearance. I'm sure this skein is going to be a monster to wind -- my shoulder is already glad that I have my Super Skeiner and do not have to wind it by hand with my niddy noddy! Assuming work cooperates today, I will finish plying, skein, and wash so I can share the finished yarn on Monday.

This weekend we have some dinner plans but not much else, so I will be working on my gift projects as well as doing all the prep work to publish my new shawl pattern next week. I heard back from my new tech editor last night and have some minor adjustments to make to the pattern itself, but there's much more admin to do related to the pattern release (creating the listing on Ravelry and Payhip, setting up promotions, writing up a newsletter, etc.). I'd hope to get that all ready so that come next week, I can just hit "publish" and have everything ready to go.

Tonight we have our usual Shabbat dinner at my parents', which means (in Mo's words) that we'll get to see "our boys" -- that is, my youngest nephew and my dog-nephew. And because it's the end of the week and we can all use more cuteness in our lives, I'll leave you with a photo from Thanksgiving of me and said nephew:

I hope you have an easy end to your week and the best weekend possible!

9 comments:

  1. Great smiles to welcome the weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful week. It was great to start my day with so much cute!!! (He looks like such a happy baby.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news and great smiles! I'll be glad to see your new handspun, and also glad that your new shawl pattern will be published soon-ish. Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful weekend Sarah. Your nephew just looks so huggable!! He sure has a bright smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your title today :)
    And another of those incredible smiles! (On BOTH of you.) What a wonderful picture.
    Sounds like lots to enjoy this weekend, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is some bobbin full of yarn. What a darling photo of you and your nephew. Enjoy your weekend. I hope the rain lets up and you can get outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful photo of you and your nephew! I hope your weekend is going along perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That yarn, Sarah... I saw the images on IG and it is STUNNING! Well done! (but my favorite picture is of you and your darling nephew!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet photo, Sarah! Baby smiles are always a welcome sight! (And by the time I'm reading this, I've already seen your finished yarn and . . . I can't wait until you talk more about it later this week.) XO

    ReplyDelete