Pages

Friday, December 15, 2023

Running Out of Time

It's Friday -- my last day of work for the year and Mo's last (half) day of school. And it's also her 14th birthday! It hardly seems that that much time has passed since she looked like this:


And now she looks like this:


I'm so proud of the kind, thoughtful young lady she's become, even as I miss the little girl she used to be. I'm trying not to think about the fact that there are only a handful of years left before she becomes a legal adult and instead focus on enjoying every day with her.

Today is going to be an extremely busy day with a lot on the to-do list. Highest on that list is, of course, packing, but I also have some crafty items to check off. The first is washing the rest of my handspun mini skeins, which I finished plying yesterday. While I was working on the last of the set, I washed the first half that were complete, and you can see the real difference in this photo:

I'll reveal all the colors next week!

I'm also hoping to finish up this hat, as I'm very close to the crown decreases:


I've already wound my mini skeins for my mystery gnome and wound off the needed amounts for the sleeves of my Birch sweater, and I wound a skein of sock yarn last night, so other than actually putting the project bags into my suitcase, my vacation knitting is all sorted. I've also made a list of all the things I need to pack, though I still have to actually select the clothing I'm taking. It's supposed to be cool and rainy all this weekend, so there will be a lot of reading, crafting, and napping time.

And now I've got to run for my morning meeting! Hope you have a wonderful weekend -- see you back here (but posting remotely) on Monday!

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Mo and a Happy Mo's Birthday to you! You've got the knitting sorted so the most important things are taken care of. Wishing you safe and smooth travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a treasure! Happy packing and safe travels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiest of Birthdays to Mo and Happy Birthing Day to you. You certainly managed to get a lot done so far and I'm glad you know your priorities (getting your projects ready for traveling). Safe travels and have fun! A weekend of reading, crafting and napping sounds perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, Mo. Adorable baby, beautiful young woman inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Mo. What a precious little babe and a beautiful young woman. You are so right to focus on enjoying the days with her at home. They fly by. May the packing go smoothly ( at least the knitting projects are ready - the most important) and you travel safely. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy (belated) birthday, Mo! And enjoy your vacation! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your beautiful young woman! Fourteen is that time when you're suspended between a child and an adult. I know that's called a tween but she's so much more!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday to Mo! What a sweet little baby she was, so cute! And now she's grown into a lovely human thanks to the wonderful care and love she has received from her mom and family. I hope all of your getting ready tasks got finished easily and I wish you an easy day of travel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Belated to Mo! (And to you...because it's really both of you...) She is growing into such a remarkable person--my guess is that the best is yet to come. (Which is saying somethin'!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been away from my computer for a few days (I needed a break. . . ), and I'm so sorry to have missed sending Mo's birthday wishes on her actual birthday. So . . . belated birthday wishes it is! Happy Birthday, Mo. May you enjoy a beautiful year! You are growing into a lovely and talented human. It will be a pleasure to watch what you do next! XO

    ReplyDelete