Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Still in Love

On Friday evening, I decided it was time my wheel and I get reacquainted, so I pulled out some of my fiber and got to work. Remember this roving?


After a couple of hours on Friday evening and a couple more on Saturday morning, I had half of it spun up.

This is superwash merino from Kristin at All Spun Up, and it is a dream to spin. I also love how the colors are working together. This is not a colorway I'd normally go for -- orange is probably least favorite color -- but something about the burnt orange next to blues and creams and rich chocolate brown just made me have to have it. I'm definitely going to be buying more from Kristin in the future. Her color sense is amazing; click over to her store to see. (Just make sure you leave some fiber for me!)

The Mister and I spent a good part of the weekend running errands for the house, including an IKEA trip yesterday (always fun) and a stop at Bed Bath & Beyond today. We still need to find a few items of furniture, but we now have a rug in the living room; a shelf holding up our TV in the bedroom; and a caddy holding our shampoo, conditioner, body wash, etc. in the bathroom, among other things. For those of you who are interested, I've put up a little virtual house tour over on my Flickr. Just remember that we're still getting things together and organized, so please excuse the mess!

11 comments:

  1. OMG, that's freaking gorgeous! I love blue/brown combos. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:17 PM

    Your fiber is beautiful; but that house - WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, so your house looks as "put together" after a week as mine does after a YEAR. I love IKEA, although I'm earning an appreciation for "real" furniture too. Pretty fiber! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:10 PM

    Your house looks so great! Are those built-in shelves in the living room? I am so jealous. It looks much bigger/roomier on the inside than from the outside (remembering the outside shot you posted).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that roving is spinning up beautifully! It looks like a gorgeous sunset over the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:00 AM

    i wanna spin like you!!! i'm jealous!! :-P but i sit back and admire your work from afar :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:29 AM

    Very pretty. You certainly have a knack for spinning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK I still don't know how to use my spinning wheel but after seeing this post I *had* to buy some roving from your etsy pal... thanks for the enabling moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:17 PM

    I've been choosing roving with colors I don't particularly care for either. Must be a spinning thing. I can't believe you spin so quickly. You amaze me... it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything is looking wonderful ... the yarn and the house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember drooling over that particular roving when it was posted to Kristin's etsy shop - you are doing a fantastic job with it!

    It sounds like you are getting all settled in :) The house looks great! I especially love the built-in bookshelves in the family room

    ReplyDelete