Pages

Friday, May 10, 2019

A Bonus (or Two)

I normally don't post on Fridays, but this week I've got a little surprise, and it seems fitting to share it going into Mother's Day weekend.

A number of months ago, I was approached by the folks at KnitCrate about collaborating with them. They asked me to design two patterns using their house Knitologie Cozy Sock, a merino/cashmere/nylon blend. These projects obviously had to stay secret until they were revealed to subscribers, and that big reveal came this week. And now I can share them to you, because they're now available to everyone through my Ravelry store!


My Jounce Cowl is one of those one-skein wonders that are the perfect use for that special skein of fingering weight yarn that's maybe a bit too precious for socks. It uses an all-over texture stitch that's sort of a mashup of basic brioche stitch and 1x1 rib. It's simple to do and quick to memorize, and while using fingering weight yarn creates a light accessory that's just as good as a fashion item as one for warmth, you could use any weight of yarn and can easily adapt it to be closer fitting or significantly longer if you'd prefer to wrap it twice. I'm planning to make myself one using some special handspun!


My Squeezed Citrus socks are likewise textured all over, using twisted stitches and knit/purl combinations. They're worked from the cuff down and incorporate a heel flap and gusset and wedge toe. They're graded to three sizes -- adult small, medium, and large -- and have both written and charted instructions for the stitch pattern.

You can find more details on these patterns on Ravelry by clicking on the links. I hope you like them!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, both Jounce and Squeezed Citrus are lovely! Jounce looks like a nicely textured waffle stitch (but it's not!) that I'm anxious to try. Squeezed Citrus is the perfect yarn/pattern/pattern name matchup and so pretty. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both patterns... very much!! Both would be lovely gift knits! Hmmm, now to find a couple of perfect skeins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Sarah! both of those designs look fun to knit and wow - they show off the yarn beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz T2:39 PM

    Beautiful! Love the color of the yarn too - really shows off your great designs.

    ReplyDelete