Pages

Thursday, September 02, 2021

Three Reasons to Celebrate

Just a quick post from me today because I'm slammed with work, but it's conveniently Thursday, so I'm joining up with Carole and friends for Three on Thursday. Today, I've got three reasons to celebrate in the next several days.

1. It's our anniversary today!

Us under the chuppah


The Mister and I are celebrating 14 years of marriage today, which feels like a lot. It's not an especially important number of years and it's a workday, so we're not doing much. We exchanged cards this morning, and I'll make us a good dinner tonight. We didn't get each other gifts but instead decided that we're going to get some new linens for our bed (are we exciting or what?).

2. We have a long weekend ahead of us!
My office is "closing" at 2 p.m. tomorrow ahead of the holiday weekend, and we'll all be off on Monday for Labor Day. Which leads me to ...

3. It's an extra-long holiday weekend.
In addition to being Labor Day, Monday is also my sister-in-law's birthday and, at sundown, is the start of Rosh Hashanah, so we will be having a big family dinner to celebrate all of the above. As if that wasn't enough, my brother and sister-in-law are also moving into their new house tomorrow, so we'll be bringing dinner to them tomorrow evening and probably helping them to get settled in over the next few days.

I hope that whatever you have planned for the weekend ahead, you can find at least one reason to celebrate, if not three!

 

10 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead with your family - enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary!! May your love continue to grow strong every day and I wish you many, many more years to come!

    It sounds as if you are going to have a really wonderful weekend ahead of you, yeah for that! :) I hope you have some great family time, moving will go smooth and you will find enough time to knit and read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bed linens sound like the BEST anniversary gift! I'm hosting Rosh Hashanah family dinner for the first time this year and it's FINE, everything will be FINE, we're ALL OKAY here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary and enjoy your celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary to you two! And I think new bed linens are a lovely and intentional anniversary gift. I love the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary and how wonderful to have a long weekend to celebrate - enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary. What a beautiful photo. I rather like quiet celebrations. Speaking of which, today is my birthday. I might post about it tomorrow. How wonderful to spend time with family tis weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary, Sarah! (It was my daughter and son-in-law's anniversary yesterday, too.) Your wedding looks so lovely - and your quiet, at-home celebration together sounds Just Right. Have a wonderful weekend with your family. It sounds like there is much to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you have a lovely weekend ahead of you - enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary! I hope you enjoy your nice, long weekend :)

    ReplyDelete