Pages

Thursday, September 09, 2021

Thursday Funnies

Just a quick post from me today -- I'm joining up with Carole and friends for Three on Thursday with three images that made me laugh. I hope they give you a chuckle as well!

1. I passed these mops leaning against a building to dry on my walk over the weekend and thought they looked like angry faces. When I passed them again, I noticed the sign behind them and had to snap a photo -- they're mop bouncers!


2. Rainbow has been asking for honeydew all summer, but for some reason they've been really hard to find. Finally, on Sunday, the Mister found one, and you might say it's big enough to make up for not having found one earlier in the summer. I was joking with Rainbow as I was about to cut it up that it was as big as a baby, and she snapped this photo of me hamming it up with the melon:


(In case you were wondering, it was bigger than my largest knife and, even after giving Rainbow a big bowl of melon chunks to eat right away, what I cut up filled up three takeout food containers. We only just used up the first one this morning!)

3. I was taking an online survey earlier this week, and it asked me which Pennsylvania metro area I lived in. See if you can find what made me laugh out loud (and here's your reminder that spell check isn't always useful):


I hope you find many reasons to laugh today!

11 comments:

  1. Spellcheck really DOES cause some problems! (And as a Great Lakes person, I saw it right away.) And that is one BIG ol' melon you've got there, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are funny and a great way to start my morning! The mop guards look like they mean business and your honeydew baby looks like its well past the due date. I'm surprised to see a new-to-me PA misspelling, one that made me laugh out loud. Thanks, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some good funnies today! Spell check is one thing but auto correct makes me nuts. Sometimes I wonder how it gets the changes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one big honeydew melon! And the mop bouncers are too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha - maybe the irregular spelling is to give it a hint of Halloween? LOL. That's a mighty big melon. I guess if you've been eating it, it's good. I've been disappointed in the honeydew I've had this year - mostly bland and tasteless. Love the mops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That IS funny...especially since I grew up a stone's throw from Erie and this is the FIRST time I've ever seen that typo, relative to Erie, PA!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know my mister is from Eerie, PA, right? LOL I love the misspelling and intend to use only that forever. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooohhh Eerie! and I LOVE your face in that honeydew photo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. XD the mob pictures are so cool - and I really had to laugh at the melon picture! They are so delicious and how great that you could get so much out of them! Will you eat the pieces as they are or will you use them in ice cream or cake or drinks or something like that, too?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That melon picture is awesome! And poor Erie, PA. I'm sure it gets spelled wrong A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The mop bouncers are perfect and your photo with the melon makes me smile. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete