Pages

Friday, October 08, 2021

Bring on the Weekend

Happy Friday, friends! It's been a long week, and I am happy the weekend is almost here. It's also a long weekend for Rainbow (it's an in-service day for teachers on Monday), so she is extra excited for the week to be over.

I've got some actual work to do today, but it shouldn't take too long, and then my main goal is to finish these socks:


I worked on these yesterday during my (online) team meeting and then while reading a book, and there's not much left to go, so I figure if I can focus on this second sock for a couple of hours, it'll be done.

I also spent some time with my Shifty pullover yesterday, and I have now accepted that it's going to be a Rhinebeck sweater only insofar as it will come with me to Rhinebeck. After all, there's less than a week until I leave for the trip! That means it's time to start planning what projects to take with me. My Shifty will be coming, of course, and likely some plain socks to work on while out and about, but I'm tempted to start and take another sweater that I bought on impulse recently:


This is May(be) Queen (Ravelry link) from La Maison Rililie, and I think it would be perfect for a sweater's quantity of Fibernymph Dye Works Bounce that I bought several years ago. It's a variegated colorway that I'd originally intended for another Boxy pullover, but I'm not sure I want to knit that much plain stockinette again. this sweater has enough of that but with a little twisted ribbing to spice things up and not quite as much positive ease. It calls for sportweight yarn, but I think fingering will work just fine with the gauge (23 stitches and 34 rounds over 4 inches). I might change the sleeve to omit the stitch pattern on the lower arm and just do a plain stockinette sleeve with a twisted rib cuff.

This weekend we plan to attend a local fiber event that hasn't been held in two years (and I'll try not to spend too much considering I need to leave room in the budget for Rhinebeck next weekend), and we're also going to make some baked apple cider donuts -- I bought cider last weekend to boil into syrup for this express purpose! It still doesn't feel much like fall here yet (we even had dinner outside yesterday), but we are definitely getting into the fall mood. I hope you have some equally seasonal plans for the weekend!

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like a Happy Friday with an easy work day, most likely a finished pair of socks, and the anticipation of two fiber festivals. I hope you have a great weekend and enjoy your delicious donuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Enjoy your Indie Knit & Spin tomorrow and then Rhinebeck next week. The colors should be great up there (they were starting to turn when we were there last week). The May(be) Queen Sweater is gorgeous. Can't wait to see your version. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Long Weekend! I've got cider donuts on my list, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking to the donut recipe, Sarah! I bought a gallon of cider for them. And--the kids drank it! Back for me, and donuts on the list... :) Happy weekending to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very cute sweater. I look forward to seeing the yarn you use for it. Enjoy the Indie Knit and Spin and the Apple Cider Doughnuts. Pumpkin muffins are on my list as well as some walks.

    ReplyDelete