Pages

Monday, October 04, 2021

A Weekend Derailed

I didn't intend to skip my usual Sunday spinning post, but things kind of went off the rails here this weekend. On Friday afternoon, we all got our flu shots. Later that evening, the Mister was feeling a little worn out, but that's his usual reaction to his annual vaccination. He still went for his usual 20+-mile bike ride on Saturday. Yesterday, though, it was clear that he was not just having a robust immune response to his flu shot. No, my friends, he has a dreaded Man Cold. And because of this, he had to take to his bed for the whole day yesterday. So I spent the day doing all the things -- ferrying Rainbow to and from Sunday School, doing the grocery shopping, changing the bed sheets (though I didn't manage to get ours changed until late afternoon, when he finally got out of bed for a bit). I didn't get my walk in yesterday, mainly because I spent the entire afternoon in the kitchen/family room babysitting two big pots of chicken soup.

Though it wasn't how I was planning on spending the day, it wasn't a total loss. I brought my wheel downstairs to the family room, where Rainbow and I spent the afternoon, and by the end of the day, I had finished up the first bobbin of my combo spin singles -- and they all fit on the bobbin with room to spare!


A peek at the end of the bobbin shows all the shades and colors that are hidden when you look from the side:


Today will be a bit of catch-up, but I'm thinking that as far as the blog goes, maybe skipping yesterday wasn't such a bad thing. I've been contemplating switching up my blogging schedule for a while, so this week I'm going to try a Monday/Wednesday/Friday schedule and see how it goes!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, the Man Cold! It's fascinating, isn't it? No sarcasm or pettiness here--just total truth: I never cease to wonder about the dramatic difference between my husband's management of a cold--versus mine. (It's a great reason, though, to crank out a few pots of soup for the start of the season. Glad to see all was not lost!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not the dreaded Man Cold! I hope it passes quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no, not the Man Cold! We're getting flu shots this afternoon and John is already talking about he knows he's going to feel poorly for a day or two. I do hope he doesn't get a man cold, and I also hope that you and Rainbow don't catch Mister's virus. (Of course, it would probably cause a greatly reduced response in two females.) Take care and eat plenty of preventative chicken soup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear. You are due an easier week I do believe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure hope the Mister is feeling better and your week is off to a solid start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The spinning looks lovely. I hope your husband feels better. Man-colds are no fun, especially for the wife.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm so sorry about the Man Cold. I hope he's feeling better soon . . . and that you and Rainbow don't pick up the cold, too. (Lucky we're light on our feet when it comes to disruptions, eh?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, a Man Cold, the worst...for the spouse! Though I do hope he is feeling better. Your spinning is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Disruptive weekends can be the worst, but it looks like you made the best of it. Hopefully the Mister is on the mend and feeling better (Man Colds really are the WORST!!) and hoping you and Rainbow stay cold-free.

    ReplyDelete