Pages

Monday, April 10, 2023

A Weekend of Stitching and Sun

I'm not going to lie -- it was not easy to get up this morning! I'm not sure why it is that I will wake up on my own quite early on the weekend but struggle so much on a Monday morning. Thank goodness for coffee!

We had a really nice weekend with some beautiful -- and more seasonable -- weather. Because my office closed early on Friday, I was able to get a couple of chores done early so I didn't have to try to cram them into Saturday morning. Instead, I was able to get out for a walk before Rainbow and I went downtown to see Tina. I put a progress keeper in my sock when we sat down so I could get a sense of how much I knit during the show.

The show ran about two and a half hours, and here's how much sock foot I knit in that time:


Yesterday was another day with clear blue skies and lots of sun, so in addition to taking another walk, I spent time out in the yard, pulling weeds and trimming some dead growth off the hydrangeas. I also ordered some seed-starting trays and new gardening gloves so I can start prepping the garden. I am planning to order a planter to put in the front yard (where we get the most sun) this year for the veggies. I had pretty good luck with my tomatoes and peppers in the front last year except that bunnies kept nibbling them, so the idea is to get them off the ground and out of reach. I'll use the backyard for herbs and things that don't need as much sun.

I also spent some time yesterday at my wheel. I'm almost halfway through my singles and absolutely loving this spin:


It would be amazing if I could finish up this spin this week, but I know it's going to be a busy one, so we'll see.

And with that, I'd best get moving so I can get my run in before my first work meeting of the week. Hope your Monday is off to a good start!

6 comments:

  1. That sock is fascinating, Sarah! I love the ankle! Yesterday's sunshine was such a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a fairly delightful weekend here and it's nice to hear that yours was also. That blue on your wheel is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfectly lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice weekend. The singles on the bobbin are beautiful. I hope the day went smoothly for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had such a lovely weekend, Sarah! We had our first taste of real-spring on Sunday -- and it was so welcome! Here's to a good week! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - yay for going out to watch a show! That sounds delightful. I'm glad to hear your weekend was wonderful all-around :)

    ReplyDelete