Pages

Monday, April 03, 2023

Dorothy Had It Right

There really is no place like home. My parents' place is Florida is a very comfortable place to stay, but I sleep better in my own bed. We had a very bumpy flight home (and poor Rainbow had a bad bout of motion sickness), but we arrived only 20 minutes late, which is really quite amazing considering the dramatic weather. I really have to hand it to the pilots who landed the plane in gusty wind.

Yesterday was a day for catching up. I had a bathroom to clean and laundry to do, and then I had to take a walk to see what I'd missed in the neighborhood. Spring definitely arrived while we were gone -- here is just a peek at what I saw growing!

The local meteorologist also noted that today is going to be a high pollen day, so I've doubled up on the allergy meds today.

Before we left on Saturday, I did manage to finish the yoke of my Birch Pullover, which was a goal of mine. And it does indeed fit!

It's still going to be a slow knit, but at least now I don't need to keep track of a six-round repeat with increases; everything from here on out is two basic rounds until the body is the right length before I work the ribbing.

I thought it might be a good idea to finish a sweater first, though, particularly as I'm thinking about casting on yet another one, so last night I pulled out my Love Note. Before we'd left, I'd completed the main part of the body, so last night I was ready to work the short rows the make the back a little lower than the front. I completed those and started the body ribbing, which I think I should easily complete today.


I've got a big to-do list this week (mostly stuff that I put off while we were away), and that includes some preparation for Passover, which starts Wednesday evening. Rainbow is off from school on Friday, and I'm hoping my office will give us an early start to the weekend as well. Vacation is definitely over! Here's hoping it's an easy Monday for all of us.

9 comments:

  1. I worried you'd have major issues flying home on Saturday... I am so glad you made it safely! I loved your spring walk images on IG... it is so delightful to see little bits of new blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got back safely and were only 20 minutes late in the dramatic weather. Spring is certainly lovely in your neighborhood, but along with it comes the dreaded pollen. I hope you get everything done so you can get back to Love Note!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to come home to those beautiful signs of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the flowers in your neighborhood! Fingers crossed your Passover prep goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh THOSE HELLEBORES! They are beautiful.

    I love the burnt orange color of your new sweater. That is going to be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you made it home safely. As a veteran of motion sickness, I can empathize with your daughter. The spring weather can be so unpredictable. The sweaters are both so pretty. I'm anxious to see how much ease you have knit into the Love Note.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you're back home, safe and sound. It's so nice to take a break -- but then oh-so-nice to return home. I'm sure you'll have ALL THREE sweaters finished before you know it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have thought those flowers were from Florida -- your flowers really took off while you were gone! I'm glad you still get to enjoy some of those early bloomers :) Happy to hear that you made it home safely and that all of that turbulence is behind you. I hope that you're able to feel caught up at home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know you're glad to be home ... and back to Love Note (and all those other things). Spring Fever has hit my knitting in a big way, too!

    ReplyDelete