Pages

Friday, April 28, 2023

It Got Me, Too

I know several of you have had issues in the past week or so with Blogger not sending you comments by email. I had this issue several months ago but managed to fix it when I discovered that my email had disappeared from the appropriate field in the comment notification settings, but that wasn't the case this time. I tried deleting my email address and adding it again, but that didn't fix it. So I've posted about the issue in the Blogger Community in the hopes of getting some answer; so far the only response hasn't been helpful, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone who knows how to fix the issue will see it. Bonny has found a workaround that seems to help some (posting a comment and checking the box to be notified of other comments), but it's not a permanent solution. So please bear with me as I reply to your comments -- I do appreciate every comment that's left on the blog and try to reply to all of them, but Blogger really isn't making that easy these days! [EDIT: I don't want to jinx anything, but it looks like it might be fixed!]

It is a very soggy day here in Western Pennsylvania, which means I'm not going to get in a run today (I'll run in light rain, but not this!). It'll be a good day to stay in with my knitting -- in between work, of course -- and that looks to be the case for the weekend as well. All that is to say that I hope you can excuse my photos today because there's no natural light to be had today.

My Shoulder Season is finally starting to look like a real sweater now that I have joined the two shoulder pieces and started on the back. I've also started alternating skeins, so now there's a bit of detangling to do every two rows. But at least I am at a fairly mindless point (a long stretch of garter stitch) that I can do while doing something else.


Yesterday I also made a lot of progress on my sister-in-law's socks -- I'm almost to the heel of the first one!

I'm doing my usual vanilla sock recipe for these, but I did a tubular cast-on and 1x1 ribbed cuff to change things up a bit. The yarn is Fibernymph Dye Works Bounce in the colorway Cuddletime, a tea-inspired colorway from a club that I'd forgotten I even had. They're not my colors but will suit my sister-in-law quite well. And I expect even more progress will be made on this sock today while I work and this evening, when we're going to Rainbow's school Fine Arts Festival. She'll be performing with the choir at the beginning and end of the event, but there will be a lot of time waiting in between -- a perfect situation for sock knitting!

Tomorrow I'll be up early to go get my annual mammogram. I discovered last year that Saturday appointments are a lot faster because, as there's no radiologist there on the weekend, they send you home right after taking your images. It does mean having to wait until Monday morning to get scans read and results sent to you, but I can deal with that if it means less time sitting in a hospital hallway in a gown. It does mean the potential to have to go back for a follow-up, but that's something that I've had to deal with since I started getting mammograms because I have dense breast tissue. I'm going in for an MRI in a couple months at my doctor's recommendation, too. This is just your reminder to make sure you get your needed check-ups and screenings done!

Have a great weekend, and see you back here on Monday!

8 comments:

  1. The sock yarn is GORGEOUS! Your sister-in-law is one very lucky lady.

    For me, the comment problem is fixed this morning. Hope it is for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that sock yarn! Hope all goes well with your mammogram. I had mine last month and there was some . . . confusion reading my scans. Everything was fine but I got a letter saying I needed a follow up that scared the crap out of me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm knocking on wood as I type this, but the comment notification issue seems to be fixed for me, too! Blogger has always been notoriously slow to respond to issues and basically unhelpful, but I guess we get what we pay for. Maybe all it too was for you to post about it!

    Your sweater is beginning to look like a sweater and I also love that sock yarn. Lisa could bring back old colorways based on what you post here! Wishing you all the best with the mammogram and have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mammo is next Friday. At my hospital they always send us home right after, but they call for a follow-up right quick if needed. The only time that has happened in 35 years is the time they had a baby radiologist reading the mammos. She was overly cautious; not a bad way to be, imo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only been getting mammograms for several years, but with dense tissue, I've pretty much always been called back. It can be easier to go when they can rescan me right away, but it means a lot of waiting. I'd rather have that time and go back if I need to!

      Delete
  5. I look forward to seeing that sweater as you work on it. It's such an interesting construction. The sock looks like Spring. My comment feature seems to be working again. Curious. I hope the mammogram appointment goes well. I recently scheduled an annual physical for mid-May and then the round of screenings begins. I remind myself I am fortunate to be able access quality medical care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always dread my annual mammo because, like you, I have dense tissue. I've had a ton of biopsies and several lumpectomies. Fortunately all is well (but my Mom had breast cancer as did my paternal grandfather...so I am religious about getting the scans). My comments seem to be fixed and I hope yours are too (and everyone elses). It's been a rainy weekend - good for getting some stuff done. How was Rainbow's Fine Arts Festival? I do love that sock yarn - very, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete