Pages

Thursday, April 27, 2023

Poetry in April: A Poem in Your Pocket

It's the final Thursday in National Poetry Month, and today Bonny, Kat, Kym, and I are sharing poems that are short and sweet -- just a little taste of poetry you could carry in your pocket. For today's selection, I turned to a lovely little volume that Kym sent me a couple of years ago: How to Love the World: Poems of Gratitude and Hope. I keep this little book on my nightstand so I can flip through it when I need a pick-me-up. All the poems in it are relatively short, but I picked one of the shorter ones to share today.


Hope
by Rosemerry Wahtola Trommer

Hope has holes
in its pockets.
It leaves little
crumb trails
so that we,
when anxious,
can follow it.
Hope's secret:
it doesn't know
its destination--
it knows only
that all roads
begin with one
foot in front
of the other.


You can learn more about the poet here, and don't forget to visit Kym, Kat, and Bonny today as well. Thanks for sharing another month of poetry with us!

6 comments:

  1. Such a perfect poem! And it fits right in my pocket today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this poem! (and it is going right in my pocket today!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always drawn to poems that offer hope, and this is a great one. (It will also be added to my pocket!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great one Sarah! So far I've read this post, Kat's and Bonny's and now I have 3 poems in my pocket. I'm betting there will be a 4th when I head over to Kym's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love that collection of poems...it's a little volume I go back to regularly (which is saying a lot, for me!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! What a perfect poem for me today. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete