Pages

Monday, April 17, 2023

Unplanned, but Not Unenjoyable

When I last posted on Friday, I'd been planning for a quiet weekend with a lot of crafting time. That's not quite how it played out, but I am not complaining! After Rainbow slept nearly 12 hours following her school dance (which, obviously, she enjoyed), she wanted to go out and do something, so we went and did a little shopping. Our first stop was Michaels, in part to get some yarn for Rainbow to crochet a corner-to-corner blanket and in part to get some more for my mother, who finished her blanket and announced on Friday night that she needed a new project.

The shopping was fun, but it meant I was away from my projects for much of the afternoon. Somehow I still managed to ply a skein of handspun before going to bed last night (I'd finished the singles Friday night). Here is Low Earth Orbit on Australian Comeback wool, light fingering weight and approximately 469 yards:

I am absolutely delighted with how this came out. I expected it to bloom a little more in the wash, but that's okay. This is the ninth Southern Cross Fibre shipment I've spun this year, so I'm way ahead of schedule to spin a total of 12.

If you can believe it, I didn't do any knitting all weekend until yesterday evening, when I picked up my Love Note. But I have virtually finished the first sleeve -- I just have to bind off!

I plan to do the bind off, weave in the first sleeve's ends, and then pick up for the second today. I have a board meeting this evening (thankfully on Zoom), so I will need something easy to knit on in between taking meeting minutes.

Today's first order of business, however, is getting in my run, which should be nice in today's much cooler weather. Hope your Monday is off to a good start!

9 comments:

  1. That is lovely handspun and your Love Note is nearing the finish line. It's good that you're able to work on your own projects while enabling other crafters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors in that handspun are SO pretty.

    Looks like you'll have a new sweater this week (if not tonight).

    Have a great Monday! It's cloudy here, but out my window all the trees are now leafed-out and it looks SO pretty! No more wintery view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those teenage sleep schedules! ;-) So glad you could find some time for your own projects . . . in between getting others off to a fine start with their own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:10 PM

    Sounds like there was some fine and fun balance to that weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous5:10 PM

      This is Carolyn :) My devices are acting up.

      Delete
  5. Teenage sleep marathons! Ah yes, I remember them well! :)

    Your sweater is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that handspun! I'm glad Rainbow enjoyed her dance (and caught up on rest after!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The handspun skein is just lovely. You are wise to take advantage of an afternoon with your daughter. Believe it or not most of the teenage years fly by quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that yarn! Such pretty colors. And I'm writing from the future and know that you have now finished Love Note, but I love seeing it in progress :)

    ReplyDelete