Pages

Friday, April 07, 2023

TGI(G)F

Thank goodness it's Good Friday! I don't have the day off (though my office is closing early today), but Rainbow does, and it's nice to have her around after being alone all day the past week.

We had two really nice Passover Seders this week, the first at my parents' on Wednesday with all the family and the second last night at my brother and sister-in-law's with their next-door neighbors and my parents. It was unusually warm here on Wednesday (I think we hit a high of 85F), and my parents are temporarily without air conditioning after a careless driver drove into their condensers last fall and destroyed them -- they're scheduled to get the replacements installed next week because who would have thought we'd need AC in the first week of April, when it's not so unusual to get a late snowfall? So we were all a bit warm during dinner, especially when eating maztah ball soup!

My knitting projects are continuing to creep along, but yesterday I had to start a new spinning project because it'd been about three weeks, maybe more, since I last sat at my wheel and my fingers were getting twitchy. Naturally I went for a Southern Cross Fibre club shipment -- this is Low Earth Orbit on Comeback wool from June 2022.

I'm doing a pretty straightforward spin of this fiber. I split it in half lengthwise and am spinning the two strips end to end. I'll chain-ply the singles when they're done.

Tomorrow afternoon, Rainbow and I are going to see Tina: The Tina Turner Musical, so I've been pondering what knitting to take (because we all know I can't sit in a seat for almost three hours with no knitting!). I was considering casting on a new charity hat, but then I remembered that I had started a pair of ankle socks for myself at the beginning of the year that I'd largely forgotten, so they should be perfect. I'll just have to focus on finishing up the heel flap and getting through the heel turn and gusset before then.


I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Happy Easter if you're celebrating!

5 comments:

  1. We had 83 yesterday but we're back to the 50s today. I remember several Easters with snow on the daffodils but don't recall needing ac! Those socks are lovely and springy and will be perfect for knitting tomorrow. Tina Turner songs might even inspire you to knit faster! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Passover to you and your family. Hope the Tina Turner show is everything and more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this image of y'all sweating and eating matzah ball soup! I bet it was still delicious! I need to plan some knitting for town meeting, which is Tuesday night. At this point I either need to haul ass and finish the socks now and start something new OR not knit on the socks at all so that I will have enough to keep me occupied during the meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you all had a delightful (and cooler) weekend! I love that yarn for your socks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know that air conditioning has ever been called for this early. The sock is a good idea. I can't imagine sitting in a seat for three hours without knitting either. I hope the musical was enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete