Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2021

A Sneak Peek

I have slowly been adding handspun skeins to Instagram (@fluvialfibershandspunpgh), with some help from Rainbow. But several of you asked specifically for fingering weight, so I pulled a number of skeins yesterday and thought I'd give my blog friends first dibs at these skeins. Here's what I pulled and some details. I'm happy to share more information if you need it. Some of these may be closer to heavy fingering/sport, but they're all in the neighborhood.

All the skeins in this photo are from Southern Cross Fibre and are chain-plied (so they will stripe when knit up). Left to right:
  • Spring on Corriedale, 242 yards
  • Hope Springs on Grey Corriedale, 319 yards
  • Autumn on Corriedale, 332 yards
  • Breeze on Finn, 293 yards


These skeins are a mix of dyers and fiber content. They're all chain-plied except for the one on the far left, which is a traditional three ply. Left to right:

  • SCF Flanders Fields on Rambouillet, 406 yards
  • Loop Vernal Equinox on Merino/nylon/sparkle, 373 yards
  • SCF Kandinsky on Rambouillet, 334 yards
  • Yarn Hollow Red Rocks and Spruce on alpaca/Merino/silk, 419 yards SOLD!
  • SCF Caravaggio on Corriedale, 292 yards

I calculate prices based on the number of plies and the yardage. For blog friends, I'm giving a little bit of a discount, and I'm also covering shipping within the United States.

Please do not feel obligated to buy anything -- I just wanted to make these skeins available to those of you who were interested before I post them to Instagram! I know some of you have expressed surprise that I could part with a lot of this handspun, but honestly I am feeling overwhelmed by how much I have and would rather it go to someone who will actually craft with it than have it sit in a bin for years. I would quite honestly give it away, but I do have some costs to cover (shipping, the cost of the fiber, the maintenance costs of my wheels, etc.), hence the "friends and family" discount. Please do let me know if I should continue to share skeins here first as I uncover more!

4 comments:

  1. Dear Sarah,
    Can you please stop tempting me by posting photos of your wonderful handspun? I promised myself that I would only buy one skein, but you are making it increasingly difficult to keep that promise. (Just kidding; I really do love seeing all your handspun. Keep posting and I'll see how much longer I can hold out.)
    Signed, a knitter trying to resist buying more yarn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the second knitter attempting to resist! Do these skeins have any nylon in them or are they pure wool?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I'm the third attempting to resist! These are gorgeous and I know they'll get snapped up in a heartbeat. SIGH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful Sarah! And what a lovely thing to offer.

    ReplyDelete