Pages

Thursday, August 05, 2021

Three on Thursday: Sweater Planning

I'm joining with Carole and friends this week for Three on Thursday with three sweaters I'd like to knit soon-ish. I know many of you are still dealing with record heat and probably don't want to think about covering yourself in wool just yet, but I've already noticed that the days are getting shorter, and that means that fall isn't that far away. If I want to have new sweaters to wear when the weather is suitable for them, I need to get started soon.

The first of the three sweaters, shouldn't be a surprise because I've been spinning for it for a while now. It's the Shifty pullover (Ravelry link) by Andrea Mowry.


I'm planning to start this one just as soon as the spinning is done, which I'm hoping will be within a week or two. I'm thinking of this as my Rhinebeck sweater, whether or not Rhinebeck ends up happening. It's on as of right now, but with the Delta COVID variant wreaking havoc, you never know what will happen.

The second sweater is one I've had my eye on while it was in testing and even bought in the presale before it went live. It's Recalibrate (Ravelry link) by Shana Cohen. 


This top is knit mostly sideways, with some vertical garter panels, and it looks like it would be great for smaller amounts of handspun that might not be enough for a sweater on their own but would be enough if combined with other skeins.

Finally, there's Garland (Ravelry link) by Stephanie Lotven:


This actually a two-fer because there's a matching girl's version that I also got so that Rainbow and I could have coordinating sweaters (not matching, of course -- she's way too mature for the Mommy and Me look now!). We haven't planned too far ahead, but we've discussed potentially doing them in a neutral shade that would be the same and then using some multicolor handspun for the colorwork. 

Am I the only one already thinking about sweaters? I hope not! Have a great end to your week and see you back here on Sunday for a handspun update!

10 comments:

  1. What great sweaters, Sarah! (And I'm always thinking about sweaters . . . busy plotting my winter knits already.) (But I'm so fickle about my knitting, I'm sure my plans will change MANY times!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these patterns... but especially the Garland! It reminds me of the Birkin I made last year. And you're certainly not the only one thinking about sweaters. Fall is so close!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Garland sweater! And I am really looking forward to watching your Shifty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three lovely and different seaters! Like Juliann, I'm also looking forward to seeing your Shifty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sweaters! (sorry, that typo bugged me.)

      Delete
  5. I'm not thinking about sweaters but I love these 3 that you have planned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, I live in GEORGIA and I'm thinking about fall sweaters! it's never too soon to dream about cooler weather when it's summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have looked at Garland a hundred times, but I am not a colorwork kind of gal at the moment. IT takes way too much energy power. Good luck with your sweater plans.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sweater picks look gorgeous and ambitious. Garland is beautiful. I love vines with leaves. I am auditioning Laia this week with some yarn in stash.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all three of those patterns, particularly the first and the last one. I'm really looking foward to all the Shifty posts in the future!!

    ReplyDelete