Pages

Sunday, August 01, 2021

Picking Up the Pace

After focusing so much on knitting the past two weeks (spoiler alert: my wrap is done), I am turning back to my spinning, and I'm eager to finish up the last two skeins I'll need for my handspun Shifty. This afternoon I finished up the second skein of Ice Cave singles, and I'll soon get started on the third and final bobbin.

The second bobbin (the gray one here) may look a lot lighter, but it started out darker. I think I managed to have a range of shades in all three sections of fiber, so the various blues should be pretty evenly distributed in the final yarn.

Now that it is August, I also need to pick up the pace on clearing out what has been known as the stash room up to now because it will soon be Rainbow's bedroom. She decided earlier in the summer that she wanted to move up to the third floor before she started sixth grade, thereby gaining a bit more privacy as well as her own bathroom. I spent about an hour and a half earlier this afternoon clearing out some shelves and tossing a bunch of random stuff that had been shoved in there. I will be moving the stash and various tools and supplies into Rainbow's current bedroom, where there's a big closet. I'm going to be purging some things as well, including a number of knitting books and magazines, and I plan to offer them up to friends first (for the cost of postage only). One of these days I also need to put some handspun in my Etsy shop, too, because I have quite a lot of it that I will likely never use. If any of you might be interested in buying some of my handspun, let me know -- I am happy to sell it to you without giving Etsy any fees!

11 comments:

  1. How fun for Rainbow to be moving upstairs! (wow, 6th grade!) ... I love opportunities to sort, purge, and re-organize and I imagine your new yarn stash (room? closet?) is going to feel like a much better fit. I am totally in to purchase handspun sock yarn - let's chat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainbow is growing up so fast. Rearranging spaces is a good way to declutter if a bit cumbersome in process. I hope it goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love decluttering and I would be interested in your hand spun

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is Rainbow ready to enter 6th grade already? They do insist on growing up. Hope your moving/purging/sorting/reorganization goes well and everyone is happier with their spaces in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've said it before and I'll say it again - that is going to be a gorgeous Shifty. What fun for Rainbow to be switching rooms and a great opportunity for you to clean and purge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not find any minutes to spin this weekend (but I did spend some time during the week doing a bit of spinning!) I really love the colors of that braid of fiber. So dark and broody... with excellent contrast! That is going to be gorgeous all plied up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how cool that Rainbow can have a new and "private" space of her own -- with her own bathroom!!!! (That will be so handy for her -- and probably for you, too. Sharing bathrooms with teenagers is . . . always interesting.) And it's always nice to have an opportunity to go through a stash room. (Although a LOT of work and energy.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great opportunity to go through your stash and supplies before moving them into a new location. Good for Rainbow for this bold move to the third floor!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh, I love that spinning picture! (The sweater will look so good!) I'm curious what you are going to destash! (will you put it on raverly first or are you going to mak a list?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for finishing your wrap! And yay for Rainbow moving upstairs! But sheesh -- moving all your stuff around sounds like a pretty big job. Your fiber is gorgeous - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo I'm always happy to have an early shot at your destash and not give Etsy any fees!

    Also, I love that Rainbow is getting her own room with a bathroom as that's happening for Amelia, too! We are moving this month and she has opted not to share a Jack & Jill with her brother, if possible and we figured it's fewer fights in the coming teen years! LOL

    ReplyDelete