Pages

Thursday, March 04, 2021

Three Reasons to Smile

It's Three on Thursday time again! Thanks as always to Carole for hosting. Here are three things giving me a reason to smile today:

1. The VP visited Fibre Space yesterday.


If you're on any social media and follow people in the fiber community, then you no doubt saw this everywhere yesterday. I found it particularly exciting because I actually know Danielle, the owner of Fibre Space! She is originally from this area and is good friends with Amy of Ross Farm, and we had dinner with her and her family several years ago on my first Rhinebeck trip.

2. Vaccinations are ramping up.

We were all happy that a third vaccine was approved last week (no one more so than Rainbow -- she's hoping that the first one available for her age group is one that only requires one shot!). Yesterday our governor announced that the state will be getting more than 94,000 doses of the J&J vaccine in the coming weeks and will be designating those doses specifically for teachers, child care workers, and school staff. One of the things that's really irked me about all the people whining about their kids not being in school is that they seemed to completely disregard the safety of the people teaching and looking after their kids. Rainbow's school has done an excellent job of keeping everyone safe, but I'm really happy that my state is looking out for her teachers.

Also, my parents have their appointments for their second shots next week (they both got the Moderna vaccine)! They are planning to stay in Florida for two weeks beyond their second doses for the full effect and then plan to come home.

3. If all goes according to plan, Rainbow will have a finished sweater by the end of the day.


I just did the last decrease on the second sleeve, so now it's just a matter of adding enough length. I'm down to 42 stitches in the round now, peanuts compared to the almost 300 in the body!

I hope you have some reasons to smile today and find some more this weekend!

9 comments:

  1. All good news! I saw a bag in Kamala's hand and wondered if she was buying yarn for herself or her stepdaughter Ella Emhoff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it--this has to be another first. VP in a fiber shop!!
    I suspect Rainbow will be trying that on after school today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 wonderful things Sarah!! Glad to hear your parents have their second appointment and glad teachers, etc. are being set up for vaccines in PA. So, does Kamala knit? Or was she buying for someone else?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the good reasons to smile. I am also happy that our state is looking out for the teachers. They deserve to be vaccinated so they can be safe in school. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally catching up - and love these three things! I'm also hoping to find out what was in the VP's bag when she left Fibre Space - maybe you know?! how cool that you are just one degree of separation! Also - your challah game is spot on, and I'm so glad you're digging into some old spinning fiber. clearly, you're ready for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news all around!! I'm so happy for you. :) (The vaccination situation here is a catastrophe, I'm so glad that you are quicker!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a good week! I am excited about your parents returning - that will be so good for everyone. I cannot imagine the last year if we had not had our daughters and grandson around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kamala Harris is my hero, such exciting news of her yarn store visit. I love your things to be happy about. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kat mentioned that Harris' step daughter is a knitter. And her stop at a yarn shop is fabulous. I'm glad your parents are closing in on the second vaccine. I bet you will be happy to have them back near you. And look at the Boxy.It looks great.

    ReplyDelete