Pages

Tuesday, March 02, 2021

Now We're Talking!

Happy March, friends! We had a mild weekend with a fair amount of rain, which means snow melt, which means flooding in the area (thankfully not affecting us). On Sunday, I wore only a light windbreaker over my workout clothes for my walk, and I was thinking we might be in for an early spring. But Mother Nature is reminding us this morning that it's not spring yet -- it's very sunny but also frigid outside this morning. So clearly there's still plenty of sweater weather left. And that's a good thing, because I'm getting really close to a new finished sweater for Rainbow!


All that's left to do is the sleeves. She wants them to be on the longer side, but the number of stitches in each sleeve is minuscule in comparison to the the number in the body. I am really hopeful that I can get get this finished up in the next few days. I had her try it on yesterday, after I'd finished the shoulders and connected them, and the fit was good. We're counting on blocking to give a bit more drape, but she's generally happy -- and very excited that it's almost ready for her to wear. I am likewise very excited to have it off the needles (and ready to move on to finishing up another WIP).

I'm looking forward to chatting with some of you this evening for the Read With Us book discussion, and I'll be back tomorrow with an update on the other WIPs and my reading (spoiler: I'll have a big finish)!

6 comments:

  1. It was pleasantly warmer the past few days, but those blustery winds brought much colder temps and reminded me that it's not quite spring yet. But we are closer and in the perfect season for a new sweater. Little Boxy is looking good and I'm looking forward to seeing you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I've fallen behind! What a perfect spring sweater for Rainbow. I'm really looking forward to tonight's conversation; if I recall, you gave the book 2 stars--and I'll be curious to hear you speak to that. (I wanted to like it more than I did!) I think it will be a lively discussion, as I suspect reactions to the story run the gamut. See you this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also had lots of sun yesterday, despite the cold. But it was very windy with wind chills in the negatives and we spent most of the day without power!! But the sky was gorgeous! "Spring is coming" has been my mantra!

    I'm so happy Rainbow's sweater is coming along and you think it will fit well - I can't wait to see it finished!

    I hope you all had fun at your book discussion. I actually LOVED the book, but I think I was in just the right mood for such a weird one, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice progress on Rainbow's sweater! The discussion was so fun last night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Boxy is going to be darling. Keep on knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks very pretty - very evenly coloured!! I'm sure it will look great on her, especially the colour! :)

    ReplyDelete